Egis Projects has participated in the Irish market since 2001. The following is a history of Egis in Ireland in chronological order:
- Egis Projects participated in the toll roads PPP Program launched by the NRA in 2001 together with Balfour Beatty, Carillion and Atkins (ErinRoute).
- Information Exchange Agency 5 year contract to provide interoperability to all plazas nationally. This was the first interoperable working solution in Europe.
- Dublin Port Tunnel awarded a 5 year contract to operate and maintain the facility Irelands largest infrastructure to date.
- Set-up of Easytrip Services Ireland Ltd to become the largest independant tag provider in Ireland for electronic toll payment.
- ITS Road Services equipment maintenance a contract for emergency roadside phone and vehicle messaging systems.
- Acquisition of a 22% shareholding in Celtrak Ltd a leading provider of mobile GPS tracking and fleet management systems.
- Acquisition of EazyPass Ltd (rebranded Easytrip Services Ireland Ltd).
- Set-up of Egis Projects Ireland as the first overseas office.
- Road Safety Operations Ireland – mobile speed camera enforcement project on behalf of the Department of Justice.
- Dublin Port Tunnel, ITS Equipment and IEA extended for a further 2 years.
- Acquisition of NTRL’s road O&M interests in Ireland : NorthLink, MidLink, SouthLink (67% shareholding of each), and First Route Management company (100% shareholding).
- Management services contract to manage Eastlink Ltd
- Egis Projects Ireland Ltd awarded best French company in Ireland Business award by NetworkIrlande in conjunction with the French and Irish Chambers of Commerce and the Irish Times.